Entrust Your Loved Ones to Me

Devotional: Jesus Calling
Written by: Sarah Young

            Entrust your loved ones to Me; release them into My protective care. They are much safer with Me than in your clinging hands. If you let a loved one become an idol in your heart, you endanger that one- as well as yourself. Remember the extreme measures I used with Abraham and Isaac. I took Isaac to the very point of death to  free Abraham from son-worship. Both Abraham and Isaac suffered terribly because of the father's undisciplined emotions. I detest idolatry, even in the form of parental love. 


    When you release loved ones to Me, you are free to cling to My hand. As you entrust others into My care, I am free to shower blessings on them. My Presence will go with them wherever they go, and I will give them rest. This same Presence stays with you, as you relax and place your trust in Me. Watch to see what I will do. 



"Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us,.."
Ephesians 3:20

"And he said, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
Exodus 33:14


"When they came to the place of which God had told him, Abraham built the altar there and laid the wood in order and bound Isaac his son and laid him on the altar, on top of the wood. Then Abraham reached out his hand and took the knife to slaughter his son. But the angel of the LORD called to him from heaven and said, "Abraham, Abraham!" And he said, "Here am I." He said,"Do not lay your hand on the boy or do anything to him, for now I know that you fear God, seeing you have not withheld your son, your only son, from me." And Abraham lifted up his eyes and looked, and behold, behind him was a ram, caught in a thicket by his horns. And Abraham went and took the ram and offered it up as a burnt offering instead of his son. So Abraham called the name of that place,"The LORD will provide"; as it is said to this day, "On the mount of the LORD it shall be provided."
Genesis 22:9-14


- God

Comments

Popular Posts