homebirth

Birth at Home
A glimpse of Reuel's home birth 


What a sweet beautiful morning...
my heart just swells with peace when I think back on that day. 

I awoke to constricting muscles that ached for my child to be born onto this day. I remember a smile swept across my face and joy swept across my body as excitement settled in.. "this is the day!"





Dancing in the morning light, I soaked in every second because I knew there would never be a day like today again. A girl or boy would be born into this world and he or she would be ours..

I drank tea and ate breakfast then decided to call my friend who was my doula to come over to help time my contractions... I knew I was in labor but I wasn't ready to tell the world.

One happy soon to be daddy and brother dog!
 





Phil came home soon after. We got to make lunch and enjoy the time together before the midwifes got there.
We were so happy and excited that we couldn't calm down.
My contractions were very bearable and hard to time so my midwifes came early to check me but my labor was progressing so they decided to stay and hang out.
We had candles lit and music playing.. it felt so comfortable. 

Edward wondering whats going on.. He likes to be where the action is. 


I am so blessed to have my man beside me at all times.. he never left my side.
My Midwife, AnnMarie was so wonderful. She had such a soft, loving touch and presence. I feel so blessed to have been living here in this season of life to have her to deliver my baby. I loved that we talked, laughed, and enjoyed the time resting between contractions. 



"It's a boy! It's a boy!" was all I could get out. I couldn't believe I had a baby boy.. not the fact he was a boy but that now after all that time thinking of a baby he was actually here.
We laughed and marveled at this little guy. I never saw something or someone more precious!




Dad and his little guy!

Getting his first diaper 
Phil got to weigh him...a perfect 8lbs 3oz
10/10... We've got reflexes! 
Reuel Richard Todd
Born at Home  
12:43am
4/4/14

I would not have my child's birth any other way! It was such a wonderful experience! 
If you are thinking of having a home birth of your own and have questions, I'd love to share more of my experience with you and answer what I can. 
Thank you for letting me share with you. 


Comments

Popular Posts