Day: 145 Hiking with Phil



Hiking with Phil 
Day: 145
January 17, 2013

After living her for 5 months, I finally convinced Phil to go hiking with me. We were free last Thursday so we finally went together. The weather was suppose to be 65 degrees and Sunny. However, it was no where close to that. It was very cold and foggy the whole trip but I was still happy we were there. 
Where we began! 


We walked for a good hour then we came across a garden and decided to go in and have lunch! 






We decided to sit down and have a picnic


PP& J and an Apple
There's me! 


Someone carved their name! 
Lawn Appreciation! I can tell you we appreciated it!!!!
 It is the only field of grass I have seen in my 5 months living here!  
Beautiful! 


I don't know what this was doing here? but it looked cool! 

We found an old train! 



Garden for Various Bamboos




Close to the entrance of the Garden




Look Closely! Which one is real?
The designers of this park created a fake tree of cement to look like a real tree to
hold up the painted old real tree from falling.  Clever!


We thought these guys looked so funny that we started making up voices and things they would say to you. Haha



We started at the bottom and worked our way all the way to the top then took the stairs down. 


At a temple, we saw this Nazi symbol. I saw another one this past week on a wall in the city. So I had to find out why it was there. I found out it is the Swastika symbol meaning good and is widely used in Hinduism and Buddhist religions. It was adopted by Hitler and the Nazi party in the 1920 then giving it a bad name associated with them.
Huh.. you learn something new everyday! 


Phil walking by another temple.



The sign in actually made out of a Fake tree log. The people who designed the paths were really creative to make everything look like nature. 

More Stairs
Another hour of Stairs

Too foggy to see the lake







Phil and I ended up having a lot of fun! It took us 4-5 hours to hike the whole thing. We really enjoyed getting out of the city. It's so nice to see nature again. That's something I miss a lot! 
Well hope you enjoyed!! 
We love and miss everyone! 

Comments

Popular Posts