3 Days Left: August Richard


Welcome 
August Richard! 
This Sunday will be 4 weeks that we have been blessed by little August. We have been waiting on this little guy to grow and meet us the whole time we've lived over in Asia. It is partly why we stayed until 8 months instead of 6 months. On March 17th at 5:15am August was born. 

Since Phil and I moved into a new apartment instead of living with Linds & Josh, we planned to be called when Lindsey started to go into labor to come and take the kids to our apartment. However Sunday March 17th at 5:10am, I awoke to a call from Josh's phone. I remember staring at it for a moment wondering why Josh would be calling me so early in the morning. Then it hit me that Lindsay must be starting labor. The Doula, Lisa was on the phone asking if Phil and I could come and get the kids. I was so confused because I could hear noise in the background and I thought, Wow the kids must be going crazy! Phil and I quickly got dressed and ran out the door. We live in the building over so within minutes we were in the elevator on the way to their floor. Instead of knocking, we quickly used our keys and opened the door to an oddly quiet house. It was 5:17am. We couldn't hear anything. Phil went to check on the kids to find 3 of the girls awake silently sitting in their bed and the other 2 still asleep. I walked back to Lindsey & Josh's bedroom and to a big surprise that August had just been born! Lindsay let me come in to meet him. He was born while we were in the getting into the elevator at 5:15am. We even beat the midwife to the birth. The doula, Lisa said this was the fastest labor she had ever witnessed, little August just came right out. (The labor did take a few hours but the end was quick.) Josh got to deliver the baby with the doula's help. After the initial shock of finding him there I quickly asked the big question, "Is it a girl or boy?" It was so much fun finding out that Phil and I had another little nephew! Lindsey and Josh already had 4 girls but only 1 boy so we all were hoping that God might bless them with another little boy for Cade and to balance out all the estrogen. haha. At 5:20am, two minutes after we arrived the midwife arrived. It was so much fun for us all to be there together. The kids got to come into the room and meet their little brother only minutes after. Below are some pictures of that morning:


Josh getting to weigh him
8lbs 10oz
20.5 inchs 
The midwife, Willimen showing the kids how August was positioned in their mother's tummy all this time. 
Getting all checked up 
We had to wake up Cade and Olivet but all were ready to meet their little brother.
Doesn't Lindsey look so beautiful! What a strong woman!  I am so thankful I have her in my life to look up too. 

Obs already bonding with her little brother that had been just born. 
Cade is super excited he finally has a little brother! 
Lily and Viv holding August
Hadassah's turn to hold him. I think she'll warm up to him. 
Phil is one happy uncle! 



The boys! 
One a day old and August is already apart of story time. 
Sarah (training to be a Midwife), Willimen (Midwife), August, Linds, Lisa (Doula)
Thats the team! 
Amazing dinners from friends

Nope this isn't August. David, the helper's baby that I watch is happy to see another baby in the house. 


Happy Parents! 
Here's all 10 of us! 
Easter 2013
After church on Sunday, a whole group of us piled in vans, taxis, and cars to drive to the city's botanical garden for a picnic and easter egg hunt. 

Gus and I hanging out in the sun and grass

Lily and I 
Gus


Olivet been silly 

Viv and her easter bucket filled with goodies
A local woman decided to help the kids find the eggs too. 
Lily and her Easter bag
Hadassah
What two cute girls




An area like this is extremely rare to find here. What a blessing to get to spend an afternoon here. 





Cade finding some eggs too.



Cade being the awesome big brother he is helping the littles find eggs. 



The three asian people in the front kept walking by us and staring at us. They eventually came over and asked if they could have their picture with us. After a few shots, I jumped up with my camera to take a picture of them sitting there with us. This is a complete normal here. Random people want to take pictures with you. 




This is our church 

A little before church that morning, Lindsey asked if I'd take some pictures of them all together in the courtyard. I was able to get a few of August and I as well. 
I'm one proud Aunt



Phil, Lily, and Olivet
Cade and Uncle Phil

Gus and his momma!





I love this picture. I shows a lot of personality! 
One day when life wasn't too crazy Lindsey and I decided to try some fun pictures of August. 



I think he looks just like Cade (his older brother) in this picture

Blasting off
Rrawwar!
How you doin?

Karate Chop! 

He wouldn't hold on to the car so we stuffed it in his sleeve
Astronaut baby!



We learned it works better with a sleeping baby. :)

Uncle Phil and Auntie Danielle Time
After the kids met August, they came to stay with Phil and I in our apartment we are house sitting in. Friends of our went to America so it became a perfect opportunity to stay and have a place to keep the kids. These are a few picture of us with the kids.
Uncle Phil taking the kids out to play in the courtyard. 
The second day we had the kids we went outside in the courtyard to play with some friends, after 30 minutes we found Viv crying, and soaking wet. She fell into this pond-like water fountain. The water there is really gross and can make you sick. (However, it's pretty common for a kid to fall in every once in while) While Phil took care of the other kids, Viv and I came back up to the apartment to have bath time. We ended up having a lot of fun one-on-one time together.
Viv showing me a water book she found


All the new toys were a big hit. Our friends that are gone have 4 kids so plenty of new things to play with. 
A pile of wet dirty clothes! 
All the kids playing doll house together
One fun room!! New toys to discover and play with.
Believe it or not it took maybe 5 minutes to clean up with everyone helping! 
The new apartment we got to stay in! What a blessing! It looks very American (Western).
It has been so nice for Phil and I to relax in a place like this. 
Playing and watching a movie

Olivet found a new fun toy! 

These next pictures are of a sleepover that Lily, Cade, Phil, and I had the week before August was born!

Pretend sleeping! 
Uncle Phil making popcorn!
Silly Kids! 
Lily and I pretending were sleeping
Cade and I's turn


I think we three had too much fun with pretend sleeping! haha
Girls room
Boy's Room





To end the post, a picture of us eating breakfast after a fun night having a sleep over and letting Mom & Dad (Linds & Josh) rest with the new baby, August. 

I hope ya'll enjoyed the update. We will be leaving Asia in 3 days! 
We can't believe 8 months has gone by so fast. 
God has put so many amazing people in our lives and has shown us some beautiful things! 
It was certainly Him who brought us here. 
Glory be to God! 

We will be traveling to South Korea then back to Atlanta, Georgia. 
So hope to post more of our Adventures soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts