Day 11

Day 11:
My sick day!! We were warned that if we stay here long enough we were going to get really sick a few times. However, I didn't know that It would be in my second week.
The day before (Day 10), I started to feel like I had a fever and was going to get sick at any sight, smell or thought of food. I thought it was the Mc Donalds (Blah!!). I had not been feeling 100% a few days before but I had been running a lot and eating tons of Chinese food. After a miserable afternoon, and night of feeling super cold and tossing and turning and laying in bed, we made an appointment with the International clinic.
It is awesome to be sooo miserable and to have to trust in God. I had no idea what to expect from the clinic. Fear is so easy to creep in being in a foreign country. After a 20 minute Chu' ride (3-wheeled mo-ped ride) holding a bag just in case and wearing two pairs of socks, two pairs of pants, a shirt, sweater, and a jacket to stay warm because of my fever, we made it there with no problems.
It was such a relief to see an American doctor from Pennsylvana. He ended up being the best doctor I had ever had. He is a medical missionary who has lived here for the past 4 years and does free clinic appointments for foreigners and the local chinese community. After, he sent me to the hospital part of the building to get an IV he checked up on me 5 times after. Once Linds left Phil and I didn't have a clue how to communicate with anyone. haha. He was such a comfort and help.

Check Up. 

The doctor told me I was dehydrated from not drinking enough
 because I had felt sick for the past few days.
So he thought I'd feel better faster if I got an IV to rehydrate me. 
My hospital room. I wondered if I'd have a room-mate.
Phil took this picture outside my room window.
The picture doesn't even show how huge of a construction site it was. 
Feeling much better already. 
I ended up having 3 of these = 1.5 liters.
It took about 3 hours. 
Me again.


My wonderful man taking care of me every moment!
I am so Thankful!! 
Phil looking at the construction site again. haha What a Boy! 
I snapped a picture of my hand. 

My IV
I tried to sneak a picture of the nurse when she wasn't looking. haha
I only got half of her. 
Heres the other half.  Isn't her outfit cute? It reminds me of the 50s.
Watching Asian TV. 
Watched a little of the Para Olympics. 
Me! 
We had no idea what this sign meant. 
The hospital we were at. ( The international clinic was inside) 

Saw this meat cart while trying to get a taxi. 
Phil and I's first taxi by ourselves.
We made it home!



Today (Day 12) I am feeling sooo much better but still under the weather just a little bit.
I don't expect to get out of the bed much today. I'm hoping medicine and sleep does the trick.

Thank you all so much for all ya'lls prayers for us!! 


Comments

Popular Posts