Day 15

 Day 15... I think?!

Hello everyone, this is Phil writing again.  Danielle seemed to like when I wrote on one of the earlier blogs, so I figure I'll give her a break once a week or so.  It is good to have Danielle feeling better, the past few days shes gotten out of the room, outside, and she's almost at 100%.  Most of today's pictures are about our trip to downtown.  I just learned how to get there yesterday from Josh- it's about a 10-20 minute ride depending on traffic.  Let's just say there are a few thousand more roads than downtown Freedom, WI! I actually think when Danielle and I get settled in a place back in America, I might get a Mo-ped.  I mean, if I am crazy enough to ride it here and can make it around pretty good with no traffic laws what so ever, I think I should at least give it a shot.  Today was my first day of feeling somewhat homesick.  I guess Danielle and I anticipated the first week or so would be super exciting and then we might get a little homesick soon after.  Danielle was a bit homesick when she wasn't feeling good, mine just came out of the blue tonight, so I decided to make a list of things I missed from home, and things that affirm why Danielle and I are here overseas and what helps us feel like home.

Some things I miss:
1. Family, KuJo & Edward, and Friends- all three are number one without a doubt.
2. A wide array of food and drink choices- you have no idea until your here.
3. Different smells then the smells I smell here. 
4. Fall & the smell of football in the air and grills in parking lots.
5. Being able to communicate with more than a handful of people.

What I enjoy here:
1. Being here with Danielle and being with my sister and her family- it's almost like we get to meet them all, all over again and get to know them after not being able to spend much time with them in the past.

2. The culture and people here.  It's so different, apart from the traffic, I feel safer here than anywhere I have ever been.  No one here seems out to get anyone.

3. I love this adventure God has us on.  It really makes us trust Him more and it reminds me what life is about.  Life on earth is short, so does that mean we are to live it up with our own desires?  I don't think so, but when we seek God with all we have, He gives us the desires of our heart and eternity is a lot longer than the average lifespan of 80 some years.  A man asked Vince Lombardi when he was on his death bed if he was afraid to die, he said, "I'm not afraid to die, I just wish I would have accomplished more in my life."  I think the more we get closer to God, the more we will be able to trust that He has us right where He wants us and that He is the one who accomplished it all on the cross.

 4. I like that there are still are four flavors of real (not fake or imitation) Gatorade.  Lemon Lime, some sort of Blue, Orange, and this clear colored Ice Mandarin.  

I'll stop rambling.  I can go on and on and on when it comes to writing for certain things.  Being in online classes has forced me to write three page essays in about a half hour to an hour, so I tend to type and type.   I feel a little better now after writing some of my thoughts. 


Anyways....!



Cade (in the red) had his first Tae Kwon Do class on Wednesday.  He did great! He is the youngest and has a lot of potential.



I took a picture of this notebook at the store and I don't think if I bought this notebook that I'd feel like writing with it all the time!

Thank you Aunt Karen and Uncle Steve for the birthday cards and gifts!!!

Vivi putting colored pencils in D's hair.  Goodness, she is such a character!  Every SINGLE morning when I leave the room for the first time, without fail  she shouts, "Hadassah, Uncle Phil is here!" I love that stinker.

Olivet is getting so good with walking and moving around, except now we never know where we will find her!


Danielle looking beautiful (and feeling better!) with her nieces and nephew.

This owl Danielle got from my mom.  I thought he was weird at first, but after having to sleep on the plane, in the airport and other places, that owl is not to shabby and has been a life saver.

Trash maybe?

These underground traffic circles are free for all- including walkers and mo peds or Che's - (rhymes with Duh)

I guess I'll have to fit in there somewhere!

D found a Church!

Ha, Kentucky Fried Chicken in Asia!

The Tower of Corruption.

I didn't believe it when I saw it.  When we left the states, one of the things I knew I would miss would be a good blizzard from DQ.  Looks like I won't have to wait 8 months to get one!

Josh first took me here yesterday.  I call it Savannah Street.  It's actually quite a good reference point when we are downtown!

Half of the street cars can't get on, so that's sweet- its quite a nice area.


Words can't describe how big the downtown is.  I mean, there are skyscrapers everywhere and no picture can really do justice.

There's about 4 Micky D's in a four block area- one is even underground!

Really dude!  I mean, I saw six I think once, but this has to top it.  You should see how people ride these things with all this stuff on it. 

Parking in the city.  I like it and I don't.  I like it because it cost me 1 Yuan, or roughly 16 cents.  I don't like it because it is almost impossible taking your lock on and off because everyone is PACKED in. 

There's dragon stuff everywhere. 

The people in the white are blind and give massages.  There had to be at least thirty of them.  It's truly a sight to see.  Every time I walk by I pray for them and can't help but to think of how many blind people are living throughout the world.


Chinese looking temple thing in the middle of the city.

Where's Danielle?

There she is!

The dandy's at Hartsfield Jackson wouldn't take our gift card, I doubt these guys will either!

More big buildings.

Old map of the city in the very middle of the city!

City center.

This mall was by far the nicest mall I've ever been in.  Absolutely ridiculous how fancy it was!  The funny thing is that Danielle noticed, was that no one was carrying any bags of purchases what so ever!

I've been running a lot here with Josh trying to get in better shape.....

But maybe that can wait a few minutes today while I eat this Oreo Cheesecake blizzard haha!

What?!  Chinese-English translations are sometimes ridiculous!

A cool store in the mall that Danielle loved.

I didn't know we were in Paris!  These double-decker buses are everywhere!

D on Savannah Street! 


When Josh and I went to the field to workout the other morning, there were about five street sweepers sweeping with these brooms before it was light at all! The strangest thing is at 6:00 am, no one, I mean NO ONE is awake or on the roads.  Just an hour and a half later 7 million people seem to arise at once and fill the streets.


No parking spots here!

A real, fake looking police vehicle, for real fake acting police!

This guy in the middle sitting down was drawing beautiful scrolls with his mouth!

Dragon water(less) fountain.  See a fountain is in a park, it is not something you drink water from, that would be a bubbler!


Driving home, I think!


Looks like we're going to make it out of the circle!

Buildings going up and down. I read an article today that said every five days in this country an extreme sky scraper not including apartments or housing, is fully completed and will occur at that rate at least until 2014.

Mountains in the distance on the ride home.

Stomach hospital- all hospitals are body part specific!


Comments

Popular Posts