Day 17

Day 17
Hi Everyone! 
I have had a wonderful relaxing week. It has been truely needed and such a blessing from God. 
We haven't had to work or any appointment which as been so nice.
 I've been able to rest and heal without any worry of meeting people, work, school, etc. 
I feel like if we were living back in America there would be no way I would have this kind of luxury. 
I also have had 8 other people in our apartment to take care of me. 
Every day I am greeted with huge smiles from 5 little ones. Viv yells every morning with out a miss the moment  I come out of my room (even just to use the restroom) 
"Mommy!!! Dassah!!! Auntie Danielles here!!!!" How adorable and loving is that. Sweet Lily the oldest draws me pictures and loves just to sit by me on the couch or at the table. 
Linds is so sweet and buys me juice and fruit for smoothies. 
Blueberries are $45 American Dollars a reg. small case. She lets me eat and use as many as I like. 
And Phil has been my hero! He bought me flowers, Oreos, Gatorade, covered me with blankets, prayed for me, sweetly responded when I've been grumpy, and many many more things for me.
I am truely truely thankful!
It has been so wonderful to have so many resources, people, and comfort for being so far from home in a different country. 

Here are some pictures of the event from the last two days!! 

It was such a beautiful sight. My picture doesn't even capture it.
 Linds and their family were getting a  check up for the baby.
A girl named Sarah is trainning to be a midwife here in
Asia and offered to come over and talk to Linds and the family.
We were able to watch the check up and listen to the new babies heart beat.




PACKER GAME DAY

The night before! Phil and Josh posed in their Packer attire ready for the
 game that would take place at 4:30 AM here across the world. 

Another Picture of the guys showing off. They grew mustachs for the season.
They weren't going to shave until the Packers lost a game.
(Sadly, a short lived dream!) 


Showing off the Stash!! 



They honestly thought they were cool! 

I think around 6 AM.... I woke up to come check out the game.
It was in the 4th quarter and things weren't looking to good! 

The game on the projector!! Sadly the Packers lost.
 It was a fun game to watch though.
We haven't given up hope but the boys moped around all day after the loss.
The mustaches were gone not long before lunch. 


Linds and I were to get our toes done!! 
Girls night out to the Nail Salon! 

Fun thing is there was a puppy in the Nail Salon!
Soo cute! It made me miss KuJo and Ed! 

Puppy and the back of the store.
It's actually really small! 

Linds in the purple chair. 

Me in the orange chair getting my feet soaked. 


The front door.  You can see the Asian soap opera we watched on the TV. It was very dramatic and funny.  


The lady who did mine! 


Add caption

Yellow for the Packers. Linds had her's painted green and I got mine painted yellow. 

They give you steaming cup of hot water to drink! How refreshing! 

We asked to have flowers painted on our big toes. We had no idea it would be such a task.
It took all three of them huddled for 30 mins to paint it.
They messed up twice and had to repaint.
We never would have asked to have it done had we known it would
 take 2 1/2 hours to get our nails done! haha. 

All finished! Sorry couldn't get a good picture of it.
You can see the puppy by my feet stool.

We ended up having a lot of fun but an interesting experience.
You really never know what your going to get here.
We got our nails done for 65 Yuan each = $10.26




Tomorrow morning we leave for with Linds and Josh to go with them to their company retreat.
They are so awesome they paid for our trip if we helped with the kids. What a blessing is that!
I'm excited we are going to be able to stay in a really nice "Western" (American-European Style) hotel. It has 4 pools for the kids and overlooks the cleanest lake in the country were in. It's a really torist area but I think there will be tons of new sights to see and lots of picture opportunities.
Hopefully I'll have a new post showing our trip soon!

Love and Miss everyone!! Thanks for all the prayer and support!



My devotional today was really good and I wanted to share. It's from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young.

REJOICE IN ME ALWAYS! No matter what is going on, you can rejoice in your Love-relationship with Me. This is
the secret of being content in all circumstances. So many people dream of the day when they will finally be happy: when they are out of debt, when their children are out of trouble (or all grown up), when they have more leisure time (retire), and so on.
While they daydream, their moments are trickling into the ground like preciouse balm spilling wastefully from overturned bottles.
Fantasizing about future happiness will never bring fulfillment, becaue fantasy is unreality. Even though I am invisible, I am far more Real than the world you see around you. My reality is eternal and unchanging. Bring your moments to Me, and I will fill them with vibrant JOY!
Now is the time to rejoice in my Presence!!

Philippians 4:4, 12
Psalm 102:27



Comments

Popular Posts